Thankyou so much to thejoyofmomming, onehundredtwentythreedays, and momof1and10 for nominating me for this award. I haven’t been at this blogging thing for too long and it is so nice to know that someone is actually reading it :))
I was asked to answer a series of 11 questions by each nominator so here it goes:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because as a mother who has chosen to stay at home and raise her children I still have a lot to say and only toddlers around to listen, therefore I felt like broadening my audience. Because let’s face it…my husband stopped listening to me a long time ago.
2. What is your favorite food?
Without a doubt, my favorite food is sushi. I didn’t get to experience the utter joy of sushi until into my 20’s but once I did my palette now craves it on a regular basis and the only thing that keeps me from eating it everyday is the price.
3. What was your first job?
Kmart. I worked in the clothing department unloading the trucks and stocking. I also had to assist in the often announced “blue light specials”.
4. What are you having for dinner tonight?
It’s a rarity that I ever have dinner planned in advance. I do however know that I am going to make some ceviche today.
5. Pick one word to describe your blog.
6. If you could go to any place in the world on a free vacation for a week, where would you go?
To sleep. Because let’s face it…as a mother you just never get enough of it. But realistically that is a hard question to answer for there are so many beautiful places in the world. On a white sandy beach, with crystal blue water, the sun shining on my skin, and a cold cocktail in my hand for starters. :))
7. Who was your favorite teacher?
Whichever one I could talk my way through to an A. I really don’t remember ever having a teacher that inspired me in any way. I liked most of them and tolerated the rest. I really struggled with school.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Hopefully returning to work. All my children will be in all day school by then. Still married. Hopefully to the same man ((smirky grin)). And happy.
9. Who would you say has been the most influential person in your life?
My children. I never knew who I was until they were born.
10. If you had to be any animal for the rest of your life , what would you pick?
My dog Roxy. She has the life. Never has to be outside for longer then she wants to….gets to sleep all day going back and forth from the bed to the couch and the only shenanigans she has to endure are those of my children…and they really aren’t that bad…((evil laughs))
11. What is your favorite color?
If I had to pick just one color I would have to say orange. A sunset would be ugly without it.
Second set of questions:
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 29, and find line 4. What is the book and what does it say?
The book is Adobe Photoshop and on line 4 of page 29 it reads “select the Soft Round Pressure Size Brush”.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
This is a hard one just like if I could vacation anywhere then where would it be. Just too many places that I find beautiful. I love both the beach and the mountains (yet I live in the high desert).
3. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you do?
The typical answer I am sure would be “to have world peace” here…but there are so many other issues that need to be resolved in order for peace to be obtained…for me I would make sure no one was hungry…no one should ever be on the brink of death or dead from starvation.
4. Is the glass half empty or half full?
I am a realist.
5. When is the last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
I tried to grow my own last year but failed miserably due to the fact that our backyard wasn’t complete and I didn’t feel like climbing my way through waist high weeds to get to my garden boxes. This year the yard is done so I hope to grow lots of stuff.
6. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Anything that had to do with artistic expression. Luckily for me I stumbled upon Cosmetology and it stuck.
7. What is your favorite time of the day?
My children’s bedtime.
8. What inspires you?
My children. I have truly learned the meaning of the importance of life once they came into mine.
9. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Swimming in my grandparents pool. You couldn’t get me out of it.
10. What three things in nature do you find most beautiful?
Sunsets, rain, and trees.
11. Who are your nominees?
Third set of questions:
1. What is your favorite song of all time?
I have a deep love for music so there is no way I could choose just one
2. If you could dye your hair an outrageous color, what color would that be?
I would look like Rainbow Bright if I had a choice :))
3. What is your favorite season?
4. Stripes or Solids?
5. If you could go out on a date with anyone of your choice, who would that be?
This is a trick question right?
6. How long have you been blogging?
Less then a year.
7. What was your favorite subject in High School?
8. What or who is right beside you at this moment?
My youngest child, of course, she is more then my shadow, she is an extra limb. :))
9. How many states have you lived in?
10. Name a singer or music group that you would love to see in concert.
3 Doors Down
11. Who, if any, were you named after?
My mom picked a name for me that was all my own.
11 Random Facts About Myself:
1. I am extremely competitive.
2. I am addicted to the food network channel…especially “Chopped” there are 71 episodes on my DVR.
3. I was the lead singer of a punk rock band in my early 30’s.
4. I had gestational diabetes with all 3 of my pregnancies and mastitis twice (almost 3 times) while breastfeeding my first born.
5. I hate anything over my feet when sleeping at night including the blankets.
6. I do not like to snuggle at bedtime either…it’s just too hot for that shit even in the middle of winter.
7. I prefer the dark but love sunshine.
8. I prefer salt over sugar which in turn creates a love for cooking but not for baking.
9. I loathe getting up early but love to stay up late.
10. I have several OCD behaviors to the point it drives not only the people around me nuts but myself as well.
11. I am secretly addicted to reality television because watching it makes me realize that no matter how crazy my life is…its’ never that crazy.
My Eleven Questions For My Nominees:
1. What first interested you about blogging?
2. If you could return to the age you started making decisions for yourself, what would you do differently?
3. What blog post has interested you most in the past week? Give them credit with a link in your answer.
4. What is your greatest accomplishment in your life or what do you still want to accomplish?
5. What is your least favorite chore?
6. Bag of potato chips or bag of chocolates?
7. Do you prefer texting or talking?
8. If you could meet anyone past or present who would that be?
9. Do you have any phobias?
10. Real plants or fake ones?
11. Do you prefer comedy, action, scary, or drama when it comes to movies and shows?
Thank you and Enjoy!