Daily Post: Third From The Top

In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Third From the Top.”

Head to “Blogs I Follow” in the Reader. Scroll down to the third post in the list. Take the third sentence in the post, and work it into your own.

Ironically when I followed the instructions…the blog I landed on “SOMETIMES“…was also blogging about this challenge.  The third sentence…”I hope he won’t mind”

I wonder if he will notice the few pounds I have shed and how hard I have been working to regain part of my “pre-baby” body.  Does he see that I have been shedding my daily “SAHM” attire, which usually consists of a pair of sweats, with a half dozen holes in them and a shirt that still has spit up stains from nursing my babies so many moons ago?  Instead, I have replaced them with the new pairs of jeans that he insisted I buy for myself and the new tops that I purchased on clearance because the price of the jeans almost gave me a stroke.

Has he noticed that I have been trying harder at keeping the house a bit more tidy and not letting the kids just string everything they own from one end of the house to the other?  I too like a clean house…it calms my OCD restless mind.

Is my cooking improving?  Are all those hours spent watching the Food Network and skimming through Pinterest paying off?  I bet he would notice if I made something with Mayonnaise.  He hates that stuff.  I keep threatening that I am going to rest his ashes in a bulk sized container of it.

Wonder if he notices that my hair is in an imperative state and a patch of new gray hair has appeared, I swear, overnight on the China Express. Or how about the toe nail polish on my feet that is so grown out it looks like a french manicure.  And don’t let me even get started on my fingernails that do nothing but peel and chip since moving to the northern hemisphere of Nevada.  All of this is so ironic since I spent 20+ years working in the beauty industry.

Will he notice another laugh line appearing due to the fact that I have been laughing a lot more lately?  Or maybe because I am going to be another year older in a couple days.  We all know that on our birthday we wake up with some sort of random justification that “old age” is setting in. **wink wink**

Has he noticed that I stopped playing “Farmville2”?  Well not completely stopped but surely quit the slight obsession I had with it.

Occasionally all of these thoughts run through my head about my husband.  I am a real person with real emotions and concerns about how I am perceived in the eyes of my other half.  It’s what makes me a wife.  His wife.  It’s not a question of love, that I know…just a confirmation that I am doing right by him and that in a conversation amongst his friends he would be proud to call me “his wife“.

newlogo

Published by

DomesticatedMomster

I am a mother of 5, a wife to 1, and a fully certified domesticated momster who likes to blog about motherhood, marriage, and anything else that pops into my crazy head all with a side of sarcasm and a glass of wine.

7 thoughts on “Daily Post: Third From The Top”

  1. Thanks for the mention…interesting that we were sort of blogging for each other 🙂 As a “momster” myself, and beyond…my grandchildren have half-grown kids. As for old age creeping up…well just ignore it. When I die, I die. My second husband was a wonderful man…no faults at all (yeah, right) and I–well that’s an understatement. I sometimes wish I would have been different, a better wife. I asked him one time if he loved me, and he said “if I didn’t I would not be here!”

    Hang in there, once a woman becomes a Mom, well let’s just say its a life-time thing. We just do it.

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Thank you so much for the advice! My husband and I actually have a great relationship 90% of the time …the other 10% takes work and I think as a wife and a mom we all try to balance so much and I will be the first to admit that sometimes I start noticing myself slacking in the wife department but I have noticed lately that I am loving myself a lot more which in turn enables me to love and care about his thoughts more as well :)). Thanks again for taking the time to read :))

      Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s