This week I decided to throw my favorite cocktail, Bloody Marys, recipe in for #foodpornthursdays. I have been requested to make these on several occasions and they are great for “morning starters” while on vacation, or if you woke up and stepped on a lego first thing in the morning. Anytime really, they can be
guzzled down enjoyed.
- vodka (don’t use the cheap shit either…get yourself some Grey Goose, Ketel One, or Absolut. )
- Clamato Juice (you can find this in the juice isle and no V8 or tomato juice is not the same thing)
- A splash of Fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp of horseradish (not the creamy kind…just straight up horseradish out of the jar)
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- Tobasco (to your liking) I like spicy!
- Splash or two of green olive juice
- salt and pepper to taste
I use 3 parts clamato to one part vodka. (Sometimes half to half, depending on who I am trying to get tossed) I usually make this in a batch in a shaker with ice so the ingredients will have to be increased a bit if you are doing the same. I CAN’T STRESS ENOUGH HOW IMPORTANT A SHAKER IS FOR THESE BLOODY MARY’S!
Shake Shake Shake…shake shake shake…
Pour over ice and garnish with Celery, Dill Pickle, and Green Olives(I prefer the jalapeño stuffed ones). You can also salt the rim as long as your cholesterol is in check.