I have been challenged by Sandi over at Flip Flops Everyday to do the unthinkable…WRITE!
I love Halloween! I love to decorate, eat candy, dress the kids up, and even walk for what seems like miles going door to door with my kids.
Last year was our first halloween in our new house and we decked out the front yard with various halloween decorations. I had just started blogging and there is a blog post about it somewhere in my archives. I would dig it up and post the link right now if I wouldn’t break the rules of this writing challenge.
Halloween is also the start of it officially being fall. Seems like halloween night it just suddenly gets cooler. Am I right? Or maybe it’s just me. Also has the price of candy just sky rocketed during this time? I mean seriously who wants to pay 10 dollars for a bag of the cheap stuff.
Speaking of the cheap stuff I will not be buying any of that this year. Last year on my street everyone was handing out entire candy bars! Yes entire candy bars! My kids were in heaven. Especially since where we came from there was no where to trick or treat.
TOTAL WORDS=208 (5 timed and repeatedly interuppted minutes)
My word was Halloween. If you would like to participate in this challenge here are the rules …although I don’t have MS Word on my MAC therefore I just opened a new WordPress post. Please be sure to come back and tag me in my about page with a link to your challenge.
Here are Rules I had to follow:
- Open an MS Word document
- Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
- Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
- Fill the word doc with as many words as you want. Once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and CAPITALS. However if you do, it would be best.
- At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
- Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
For those who would like to accept the challenge…your word is PROM!