I am not sure where I originally found this recipe but I tweaked it a bit to fit the needs of my army of monsters. Seems like lately, all my kids have a taste for something different. One likes potatoes, the other one hates them. Two like tomatoes and the others wouldn’t touch them if their lives depended on it. Even my husband and my oldest son HATE mayo. Like who doesn’t like mayo in any form? Not even mixed in a salad or Deviled Eggs?
But if there is one thing that my entire family loves…it’s PIZZA! This recipe is simple and I use a couple loafs of French Bread from the bakery at the store. Cheap and fresh. You can also cut it into sections and have each person throw the toppings of their choice on there. That way everyone is happy. 🙂 Especially mommy. That’s probably more so because she has popped open her bottle of wine while fixing dinner…the
socially acceptable perfect time to open the bottle.
Ingredients and Instructions:
- 1 or 2 loafs of French Bread (depending on the size of your family)
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Mozzarella cheese. I always grate my own. Rarely do I buy any cheese already grated or sliced anymore.
- 1 large jar of spaghetti sauce (or sometimes I have frozen batches of homemade sauce)
- Whole Roma tomatoes cut into very thin slices (sharpen that kitchen knife) **enters “Psycho” music here.
- Pepporoni and/or any other type of meat to your liking
- The rest of the toppings are up to what your family likes. You can use onions, jalapeños, mushrooms, pineapple, bell peppers, banana peppers, the more veggies the better I say! Hell throw anchovies on there if you like those salty suckers!
- First cut up all the toppings and grate the cheese. I said grate not cut people. **waves hand around**
- Brush some olive oil onto the bread and pop it into a 350 degree F* oven for about 5-10 minutes…just to crisp it up a bit (sometimes I use the broiler…it’s faster but don’t forget about them and burn them to a crisp or set them on fire as I have done before…ooops)
- Remove from the oven and then slather on the spaghetti sauce
- Throw on the cheese…keep throwing…can never have too much yummy cheese I say…who cares what the doctor said about your cholestrol.
- Place the thinly sliced Roma tomatoes in a layer
- Then comes the toppings of your choice
- More cheese….yes more!
- Pop that “not to be consumed while dieting” tasty goodness in the 350 degree F* oven until cheese is bubbly and hot…approximately 20 minutes.