The Blog Tour Award


I thoroughly enjoy receiving these awards.  They can sometimes be time consuming but it is so nice to be thought of by my fellow bloggers.  I want to especially thank But I Smile Anyway for this recognition.  She is a “newbie” blogger but has become quite a “catch”!

There are a few rules here :
1. Pass the tour on up to four other bloggers.
2. Give them the rules and a specific Monday to post.
3. Answer four questions about your creative process which lets other bloggers and visitors know what inspires you to do what you do.

Q1. What I’m working on at the moment?
Q2. How does my work differ from others in my Genre?
Q3. Why do I write or create what I do?
Q4. How does my writing/creative process work?

4. Compose a one time post on a specific Monday( date given by your nominator).

What I’m working on at the moment?

A 30 day writing challenge and about a half dozen unfinished drafts.  I always have several drafts that I start but then a writing boulder gets in my way and since I don’t have a piece of heavy equipment around to shift it, I move onto my next thought.  Guess when it comes to writing you could say I have ADD.  I am that way with cleaning the house too.

How does my work differ from others in my Genre?

I have never really considered myself as being part of a Genre.  I write about pretty much whatever comes to my crazy and chaotic mind.  Granted that usually has a lot to do with being the queen mom to 5 kids and a trophy wife to my onerous brilliant husband.  If I am feeling passionate about something one day…such as this then I write it about it.  I also like taking a lot of pictures.  So some days I like showcasing some of my work like this or this.

Why do I write or create what I do?

The funny thing about blogging for me is that the idea had never crossed my mind.  I enjoyed “creative writing” in high school and always received high marks for my written pieces of a teenage mind, but as an adult just never continued.  Then sometime last year I was cracking jokes and talking about myself in the third person on an internet game chat room and someone mentioned that I should blog.  **places light bulb above her head**  Once the idea was placed in my head…I ran with it.   I enjoy writing about the musings of my life and if someone actually enjoys what I have to say then that is just a bonus!  As a stay at home mom we often times get lost in taking on the role of “domesticated queen” and no one but the immediate household occupants to listen to our rants.  And quite frankly I don’t think anyone in my house truly listens to me therefore upon finding the blogging world I feel like I am apart of something.  I have become fascinated with all that exists in a place I had never thought of venturing.

How does my writing/creative process work?

Is there a process?  Pretty much I spend about 20% of my blogging time actually blogging and the other 80% trying to read and comment on others blogs and social media.  I believe in supporting my fellow bloggers in the blogging world which is why I also have a weekly top 5 of blogs I enjoyed most during the week.

My nominees are as follows:

Coffee Break Blogger

Blogging For Therapy

Mommy Drinks Wine And Swears

Yellow Fever

I was supposed to have posted this yesterday but it was quite the busy day for me and not much time for blogging.  If the 4 blogs I have mentioned would like to participate my post date for you will be Monday April 13.  Please don’t feel like you must participate as I know how time consuming these awards can sometimes be.


logo domesticated momster signature